In-Home physiotherapy in Montreal
Whether it be in the comfort of your own home, in a retirement facility or at your workplace, our team offers you tailored care to improve your quality of life.
Clinique GO™ can provide you with physiotherapists and physical rehabilitation specialists who are members of the Ordre professionnel de la physiothérapie du Québec.
What is Physiotherapy ?
Physiotherapy refers to treating physical issues affecting the musculoskeletal system as well as the neurological and cardiorespiratory systems. Via treatment and various appropriate exercises, physiotherapy is able to prevent and heal functional limitations. Physiotherapy sessions use actual physical therapy and do not include drugs.
Physiotherapy is used to treat various issues such as back or neck pain, joint pain, recovery after surgery, as well as sports related injuries. Physiotherapy is also recommended after an accident, for age related issues and for developmental delays of motor skills in children and infants.
Whatever the nature of your problem, physiotherapy will help you reduce functional limitations and help you regain your optimal physical abilities.
Why see an physiotherapist ?
Clinique GO™’s team of physiotherapists can help you in the following situations:
- After minor or major surgery (arthroplasty, osteotomy, total hip replacement, total knee replacement etc.)
- After a hospital stay and during your period of convalescence
- After a car accident
- After a fall
- To help you recover after a fracture
- Geriatric rehabilitation
- Patients fighting cancer. An appropriate exercise routine and training will enhance physical endurance as well as help manage pain and fatigue. Breathing exercises etc.
- To help during an illness during an acute or chronic phase or degenerative diseases like arthritis, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis etc.
- To help patients with neurological issues like Multiple sclerosis (MS), Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s etc.
- After an upper or lower limb amputation
- To prevent falls
- To evaluate and help fill out forms for accessible and adapted transport as well as disabled or reduced mobility parking permits.
Who can physiotherapists help?
Clinique GO™’s in-home physiotherapy sessions are beneficial to all, and at all life stages. Paediatric physiotherapy helps improve developmental delays, motor skills and treat torticollis. In-home physiotherapy for the elderly helps them stay independent and slows down the ageing process through maintaining and improving mobility, movement and balance.
What does a physiotherapy session entail?
During your first session, a physiotherapist will complete a detailed assessment of the issues you are experiencing and ask you questions about your health condition. This will allow them to understand your medical history, your current health problems, any medications you might be taking, as well as other tests done or treatments you have tried.
This first appointment will allow your physiotherapist to assess your strengths and weaknesses and determine the root causes of your concerns. After this full assessment, they will be able to address your current issues through advice and a tailor made program to help you reach your goals.
Physiotherapy includes many techniques such as a tailor made exercise program, massage, electrotherapy and thermotherapy (heat treatment). Your physiotherapist might decide to start your treatment right away or to wait until your next session. They might also advise you to perform a few daily exercises to help improve your condition or to prevent further issues from occurring. Our approach is mainly functional and little equipment is often required.
Contact us for more information.
Which areas do our physiotherapists travel to?
Clinique GO™ offer in-home physiotherapy services in Montreal, including Greater Montreal, Laval, Longueuil, Monteregie and the North Shore of Montreal.
You will find all the areas we serve by clicking here.