Clinique GOTM offers in-home foot care services in Greater Montreal. Our nurses can provide foot care to anyone in Laval, Longueuil, the South Shore, Lanaudière, and the North Shore. One of our qualified nurses will travel to the location of your choice so you don’t have to worry about traffic or finding parking. You’ll be able to receive the foot care you need in the comfort of your own home.
What kind of foot conditions can be treated with our in-home services?
Once your physician diagnoses a foot condition, our in-home nurses will be able to provide you with the treatment you need. Whether for light treatments such as callus or bunion removal, or for a more intensive treatment such as those required by diabetics, our services are tailored to your needs.
Here’s an overview of the conditions our nurses can help you with:
- Athlete’s foot: this is a fungal infection that affects the skin and can cause itchiness and an unpleasant odour.
- Diabetic foot: this condition is a result of diabetes. Diabetics must pay special attention to their feet to avoid complications. For more information, please visit or this article on our blog.
- Toenail conditions: thick nails (or dystrophic nails), ingrown nails, etc.
- Skin conditions: calluses, bunions, cracks (fissures), corns, etc.
For more information about a condition that is not listed here, please contact us. We’ll be more than happy to answer all your questions!
Do I need a medical prescription to receive foot care?
You do not need a prescription to receive foot care if you are not taking any medication for a foot condition. Our in-home nurses can help you with various conditions affecting your feet, including diabetes.
Please consult this page to get the list of nursing services that require a medical prescription. Keep in mind our in-home physician can also meet you to give you the prescription you need.
How can you prevent foot conditions?
Routine foot care can help you prevent certain conditions. Here are some tips to help keep your feet healthy:
- Wash your feet with gentle soaps
- Examine your feet and pay attention to any cuts, inflammation, red spots, swelling, or wounds
- Wear the right footwear
- Keep your toenails trimmed
- Avoid walking bare foot
- Avoid excess soaking
- Thoroughly dry your feet after a bath or shower
- Wear wool or cotton socks and change them regularly
- Avoid synthetic fabrics
- Avoid wearing shoes for long periods of time
- Do not wear the same shoes every day (to give them a chance to dry after a humid day)
Our in-home nurses can provide you with personalized tips to help keep your feet healthy!
What happens during an appointment for foot care
The certified nursing staff at Clinique GOTM will travel to the location of your choice at the time you want to provide you with personalized care. Whether to help keep your feet healthy or for specific treatments, our nurses will be happy to help. And they’ll answer any questions you have and offer you any additional resources you need.
For more information about our services, our rates, or any question related to your insurances, contact our team!